Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dooyensan

Paperwhites -- help

dooyensan
14 years ago

Hello. I started planting my paperwhites about 2 months or so ago. I put it in the dark and the roots and leaves shot up fast (after about 2 weeks). I took it out of the dark and placed it in a nice sunny window sill. That was about 6 weeks ago and it has not grown at all. It seems to stop growing. I read online that the flowers should bloomed within 4 to 6 weeks but my paperwhites still haven't even show signs of stems. Anyone know if there is something wrong? I'm still new to growing bulbs so any help is appreciated.

Comments (2)

• vetivert8
    14 years ago

That sunny window might be too warm for it. Maximum heat for indoor flowering is around 60F.

Any chance of putting it outside for cooler weather? In zone 9 you are highly unlikely to be worried by a frost mean enough to damage a paperwhite.

If you bought a bulb that was already 'set to flower' this coming season then the cool might just do the trick, but no guarantees.

• dooyensan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Uhm. Okay, I'll take them outside and see how they do. They did seem to grow pretty fast when I placed them in the closet where it was cooler -- maybe I did give them too much heat. Thanks Vetivert8!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES