Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying Daffodils in bulk

Posted by oldrelicsse z7 AL (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 17, 05 at 23:49

Where can I buy multi-colored daffodils in bulk?? I have a large property, and would like to buy 1 or 2 thousand bulbs to plant at random along my driveway.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying Daffodils in bulk

I've always been happy with VanEngelens for large quantities of bulbs.

Here is a link that might be useful: VanEngelen Bulbs

o

Van Engelan's is almost out of everything. Here is a link that was posted previously by patwood. I haven't tried this company, but they are a wholesaler and it look like they still have a lot in stock at good prices. Page down and you'll see quantities of 250 daffs (Salome and Juanita are the varieties I noticed) that appear to be selling for $47.

Let us know what you decide....and how they turn out

Here is a link that might be useful: netherlandbulb

o

It may be too late but if you can find a Costco near you they had 100 count bags of King Alfreds for $15 and 50 to 100 count bags of mixed daffs and other spring bulbs - depending on variety for $8.89. A few weeks ago our store had them all on sale at 50% off. I got 50 count bags of paperwhites, and the dwarf daffs Tete a Tete and Baby Moon, and some large mixed daffs for $4.24 each

o

Thanks everybody.

My driveway is 3/8 of a mile long. I'm not a rich guy, but I am blessed with a nice property. The landscape is mostly scattered woodland. I've dug and transplanted some several thousand, plain yellow daffodils, from old house places, and planted six rows on each side of my driveway. Now, I'm in the process of planting several thousand daffodils, other than plain yellows, throughout my yard and throughout the woods along my driveway. We've nicknamed the driveway as the "yellow brick road". It's already pretty special, and drawing attention from the local folks. But, I really want it over the top. I want the blooms to look like it snowed flowers across my property.

Thanks again for all the help.

o

You don't say where you live in Alabama, but if you happen to be close to Meridian, MS (right on the AL state line), we have a VanZyverden's here and they have a huge bulb sale the second Monday every November. It's always a good selection and the prices are unbeatable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here