Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

I'm DONE! Done Done Done !

It was only 41 today, but I saw this morning that it was downhill after today. It seemed like every day in the last two weeks that the weather was decent, I had a class or other commitment. Over Thanksgiving my kids kept me way too busy to even consider it.

Today I had paperwork deadlines but I decided the bulbs did too. After the urgent work was done, I bundled up and went out there. After the first hour I couldn't feel my feet anymore, but what choice did I have? My fingers got numb inside my gloves because the soil was wet, but I didn't dare stop. I was still going til after dark. Luckily I had the neighbor's Christmas lights to show me my holes: good planning on my part, I said to myself, to do the side yard last.

This was among the sloppiest planting I have ever done (not counting the year when after Christmas I lifted the snow crust off and chiseled into the frozen ground to a depth of, oh, an inch or less). Who cares: it's done.

I hope all of you who got some sale treasures get lucky with the weather, and get all of yours in. No sales for me this year. Best of luck to all of you: bloom big.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions