Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

Help! Did I ruin my bulbs (corms)

mangomoon
14 years ago

I planted about 3 Freesia in my garden sometime mid to late November, then come to find out my deck became damaged with dry rot and would have to be torn down completely. The new deck was built bringing the wall of the deck area closer to the back door and giving me what would become more grassy yard. Luckily I had not dropped my seeds for my Spring annuals until the construction was completed, and my 3 corms which were put in the dirt before construction would now be sitting almost in the middle of a grassy yard, so I found 2 of them and transplanted them in the new area. I knew I had one left that I was unable to locate and I figured I would just wait for it to 'emerge'. We just had an unusually large amount of rainfall that we rarely see before January, causing my Spring garden to begin to polk through the dirt. I finally found the 3rd Freesia, so I carefully dug it out roots and all and moved it to the new garden area with the others. My question is, did I damage this corm and the other 2 by moving them unexpectedly?

Comments (3)