Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grow Daffodils in Dec? Got from HD

Posted by gardenerprer 9a Phoenix (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 19:04

Hello,
Can I plants Daffodils(Dutch master, Salome and Tahiti variety) right now in Dec? Our morning temp is in 70s but upper 40s in night. Would those show flowers in spring or I am late for that? I got those from HD for so cheap, could not resist from buying. Also, I got some in Oct online from easytogrow and had planted those that time, some have already started sprouting. :)
Please let me know what your experience has been. Thank you.. Happy Gardening!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grow Daffodils in Dec? Got from HD

You bet you can. In your climate as in mine they will naturalize and multiply every year, and the deer and everything else will leave them alone. Al

o

Thank you Calistoga :) I wil plant them today...In ground will be better right?

o

They will do better in the ground, presuming you have reasonable drainage. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here