Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katwomn59

My Balcony Revisited

katwomn59
18 years ago

I was so disgusted with the quality of the pictures I posted previously, I broke down and bought a digital camera. What a difference it makes. So here are my new and improved garden pics!

This is the view from the parking lot:

{{gwi:621}}
l-r: Lemongrass, Thai Basil, Sweet Basil, Thai Pepper, Texas Tarragon, Garlic Chives, Rosemary, Sage & Thyme

This is the south end of the balcony:

{{gwi:622}}
From left you can see part of my Bay tree, a mixed container and on the right side, next to the railing is a container that didn't work out too well. It originally had Purple Ruffles Basil, Aztec Grass and Asian Jasmine. The basil didn't do too well so I cut it down but decided to save the others for repotting eventually.

Here's a better picture of the mixed container:

{{gwi:623}}
It is basically Coleus, a dwarf liriope (that you cant see) and Marguerite Sweet Potato Vine.

Here's the north end of the balcony:

{{gwi:624}}
l-r: You can see the wire shelving unit with lemongrass on top, I also moved some of my herbs to the 2nd shelf. The big combination planter is Coleus again, some Caladium, and Blackie Sweet Potato Vine. This originally had 3 different kinds of Caladium in the middle, but they died for some reason. I planted another one to try to fill in the hole but it wasn't very successful. The sweet potato vine was fuller too, but I cut it back because of the spider mites, and it never really came back. Then there the other side of the first combo planter, my Bay and Thai Lime trees.

Well, there you have it! My first garden. Unfortunately I have no more room for new plants. When my lease is up next year I am planning to move into a 2 bedroom apartment because it has a huge balcony, and I can have more plants!

Lydia

Comments (2)