Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

OT - Spring colors at my place - Tuysonvien

haxuan
13 years ago

Just wanted to share these photos with you to brighten up your winter a bit.

{{gwi:882}}

{{gwi:883}}

{{gwi:884}}

Thanks for viewing.

Xuan

Comments (8)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    13 years ago

Ahhhhhh! Like a breath of spring. We're covered in snow here. ;o)

These are mine - thought you might enjoy them. I wrote them for a bonsai club newsletter several years ago.

The history of the modern haiku dates to Masaoka Shiki's writings from around 1892, which established haiku as a new independent poetic form. Shiki's reform did not change two traditional elements of haiku: the division of 17 syllables into three groups of 5, 7, and 5 syllables and the inclusion of a seasonal theme. Haiku poems usually combine two separate sections or thoughts, but both sections must enrich the understanding of the other.

while conjuring spring
    for crocus pocus magic
    mother nature sings

spring's lips, moist with rain
    kiss away the winter snow
    make my garden blush

lone spring spruce bough, bent
    wrathful, seething, March's wind
    turned back on itself

spring breeze caresses
    blossoms from the tulip trees
    destination earth

beneath spring's garden
    last year's bounty, ground alive
    unseen beasties toil

young lad - spring puddles
    shortling boots - insufficient
    irresistible

Al

• jodik_gw
    13 years ago

Oh, Xuan! How beautiful! What lovely pictures! Everything is so fresh and pretty and looking so spring-like! Your roses are gorgeous! :-)

Thank you so much for sharing! On a day like today, I really needed that!

We're buried under snow, with frigid temperatures, wind, drifting, frozen hydrants at the barn... we're shoveling snow, hauling water for the animals, and just generally miserable! And on top of all that, we both have winter colds! We're hoping spring won't forget about us! ;-)

Just beautiful, Xuan! Thank you!

• haxuan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, thank you so much, Al and Jodi.

I like the poem, beautiful words of poetry remind me of my college years when I was learning Walt Whitman and Edgar Allan Poe... To confess I didn't understand much what they said at the time without some background knowledge of the civilization they grew up. Now, it seems I can appreciate more :-) Thanks, again, Al.

Jodi, I'm sorry to hear Larry and you are not so well because of the cold. Take care, my friend, for nothing is compatible to our health these days. Just two more months and you will see Spring, the bright and sunny Spring.

Here're some more photos to while away your dreary days, dear friends.

{{gwi:885}}

{{gwi:886}}

{{gwi:887}}

{{gwi:888}}

{{gwi:889}}

Xuan

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

So thoughtful as ALWAYS Haxuan!

You always brighten my day and we will get a double barrel of happiness once our dear friend Jodi is able to show us picures of her beautiful roses reborn again.

Thank you much!

Goodness, is there anything that does not grow down there? Look at the color of that rose..

Mike:-)

• jane__ny
    13 years ago

What a beautiful home and your gardens are lovely. Reminds me of the English countryside.

Jane

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Hello, Xuan!

It's good to see you again, and your excellent landscaping!

Very nice color in your corner of the world.

Josh

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    13 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

Xuan...what a beautiful garden you have...looks like a very peaceful settting...Great work...love the pictures of the roses!!!

AL.....Beautiful poems...Thank You!!!

Hello to all....

Take care everyone,

Laura in VB

• jodik_gw
    13 years ago

Which roses are those, Xuan? They're quite lovely! I especially love the small pink one gracing the arch!

And your Daylilies are blooming, too! I so wish we lived in a more forgiving climate!

Thank you for the good wishes... we're getting better. Spring can't arrive fast enough, though! :-)