Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT - Spring colors at my place - Tuysonvien

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 12, 11 at 5:48

Just wanted to share these photos with you to brighten up your winter a bit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for viewing.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT - Spring colors at my place - Tuysonvien

• Posted by tapla zone 5b-6a Mid-MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 12, 11 at 14:40

Ahhhhhh! Like a breath of spring. We're covered in snow here. ;o)

These are mine - thought you might enjoy them. I wrote them for a bonsai club newsletter several years ago.

The history of the modern haiku dates to Masaoka Shiki's writings from around 1892, which established haiku as a new independent poetic form. Shiki's reform did not change two traditional elements of haiku: the division of 17 syllables into three groups of 5, 7, and 5 syllables and the inclusion of a seasonal theme. Haiku poems usually combine two separate sections or thoughts, but both sections must enrich the understanding of the other.

while conjuring spring
for crocus pocus magic
mother nature sings

spring's lips, moist with rain
kiss away the winter snow
make my garden blush

lone spring spruce bough, bent
wrathful, seething, March's wind
turned back on itself

spring breeze caresses
blossoms from the tulip trees
destination earth

beneath spring's garden
last year's bounty, ground alive
unseen beasties toil

young lad - spring puddles
shortling boots - insufficient
irresistible

Al

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 12, 11 at 14:56

Oh, Xuan! How beautiful! What lovely pictures! Everything is so fresh and pretty and looking so spring-like! Your roses are gorgeous! :-)

Thank you so much for sharing! On a day like today, I really needed that!

We're buried under snow, with frigid temperatures, wind, drifting, frozen hydrants at the barn... we're shoveling snow, hauling water for the animals, and just generally miserable! And on top of all that, we both have winter colds! We're hoping spring won't forget about us! ;-)

Just beautiful, Xuan! Thank you!

o

Oh, thank you so much, Al and Jodi.

I like the poem, beautiful words of poetry remind me of my college years when I was learning Walt Whitman and Edgar Allan Poe... To confess I didn't understand much what they said at the time without some background knowledge of the civilization they grew up. Now, it seems I can appreciate more :-) Thanks, again, Al.

Jodi, I'm sorry to hear Larry and you are not so well because of the cold. Take care, my friend, for nothing is compatible to our health these days. Just two more months and you will see Spring, the bright and sunny Spring.

Here're some more photos to while away your dreary days, dear friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Xuan

o

So thoughtful as ALWAYS Haxuan!

You always brighten my day and we will get a double barrel of happiness once our dear friend Jodi is able to show us picures of her beautiful roses reborn again.

Thank you much!

Goodness, is there anything that does not grow down there? Look at the color of that rose..

Mike:-)

o

What a beautiful home and your gardens are lovely. Reminds me of the English countryside.

Jane

o

Hello, Xuan!

It's good to see you again, and your excellent landscaping!

Very nice color in your corner of the world.

Josh

o

Hello Everyone!!!

Xuan...what a beautiful garden you have...looks like a very peaceful settting...Great work...love the pictures of the roses!!!

AL.....Beautiful poems...Thank You!!!

Hello to all....

Take care everyone,

Laura in VB

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 15, 11 at 10:48

Which roses are those, Xuan? They're quite lovely! I especially love the small pink one gracing the arch!

And your Daylilies are blooming, too! I so wish we lived in a more forgiving climate!

Thank you for the good wishes... we're getting better. Spring can't arrive fast enough, though! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here