Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
terracotta overload

Posted by aiedail none (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 9:05

we have a lot of unused terracotta pots. they used to have anthuriums in them but that was some time ago and now we want to plant some vegetables in them. What vegetables or herbs would be best suited for these pots? they have an 8" diameter at the top and 6" at the bottom and are 8" tall. i would just hate to let these pots go to waste. Any ideas on what to plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: terracotta overload

Peppers might work well. Basil would be a fun herb too. The only thing I've heard about terracotta is that you have to check the soil moisture more frequently because they dry out faster.

o
RE: terracotta overload

thanks Ann_02. will definitely have to check on the watering as it gets really hot here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here