RE: Al send me an email

thanks

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

o

• Posted by tapla zone 5b-6a Mid-M (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 3, 11 at 23:13

Thanks for your consideration, Mike. I enjoyed your blog, too! Did you ever see a picture of my P pungens 'Globosa Nana'? ;o) There's a bit of whimsy associated with it. I've posted pics before, but wondered if you'd seen them.

Al

o

Al, I have not been able to locate your post. I would really like to see you Globosa Nana photo.
I sent you and email - check it out --
If you could repost --- Thanks

Enjoy all you write Mike

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 21:18

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ground Level View

Here is a J horizontalis 'Wiltoni' I grafted to a J virginiana volunteer:
Photobucket

Al

o

How long did it take you to get the spruce that flat?
Very nice -

o

Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 21:27

Mmmmm - maybe 4 or 5 years. I have one at my business just like it. ... notice the watering can on the 'table top'? ;o)

Al

o

Al most of us struggle along on 24 hours a day. The time consuming things you do with plants indicates you MUST be on a different time allotment. Not only are your creations beautiful, they show an amazing creativity to even come up with the ideas. Al

o

Splendid plants! Creative, indeed!
(I hadn't noticed the watering can at first glance, either).

Josh

o

Not to brag or anything..But I did see the watering can right away. ;-) lol! My eye has always been drawn to the little details in a garden that aren't plants. Art, treasures, nick knacks. ;)

It gives great shade to the little frog kicking back under it too. ;-)

To be honest , the can is what really made me see the tree as a table.
At first glance, it to me was a really cool shaped tree.

Love it Al~
It all looks wonderful and relaxing!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

JoJo

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 1, 11 at 12:03

I concur with Calistoga Al, and I want to know how I can get more time in a 24 hour period, too. ;-)

You're an amazing gardener, Al... and an amazing person. :-)

o

Maybe he has a twin and hasn't confessed yet. ;-)

I too am AMAZED at the beauty of it all, and what he accomplishes!

I share all I learn here with a friend(Carol) who doesn't have a computer. She just assumed Al was 'retired' when she saw pics of his yard and plants, and hears of all the help he offers here..
The poor thing about fainted when I told her he works and does all this on the side! lol..

She too is amazed and in awe!

Josh~
How is it you can spot a tiny spider in one of Mikes pics, and miss a watering can? lol!

JoJo

o

Tue, Feb 1, 11 at 15:26

Hey Mike. Re what we were discussing off forum - I didn't even notice the hypertufa trough/conifers until JJ said something about the frog and I went back to look at the pic to see what the heck she was talking about. I kind of like the shadows in that pic, now that I looked at it a little closer. Thanks, JJ. You DO have an eye for detail!

Thanks for the very nice compliments too, you guys. ;o) (Al beaming - not because he's proud, but because he's blessed by such good friends).

Al

o

Nice work, Al. I've heard of Tabletop Pine, but not Tabletop Spruce. ;-) Some tusks added on your J. horizontalis 'Wiltoni' and you've got quite the elephant.

tj

o

Tue, Feb 1, 11 at 20:49

A garden visitor long forgotten christened it the comma plant, so to this day, that's what I think of it as, but now I see the elephant. ;o) Thanks!

Al

o

I love the garden compositions you've got going on there, Al! I'm not sure amazing covers it! :-)

o

Wed, Feb 2, 11 at 11:47

Thank you, mam. ;o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here