Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anything You Wanna Talk About

Posted by soozifroozi VA 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 10:27

Hi, everyone,

Happy New Year 2013! Hope it will be a very healthy one for everybody.

What a way to start the year. I was rolling over with laughter, tears streaming down my cheeks over the attorney stories, and am going to email it to my three sons....dare I say they're attorneys? Also the other jokes from Al, then I listened to the Landfill orchestra and had tears over how beautifully these young children found a way to bring beauty and joy in their difficult and probably harsh living conditions and also, in all our lives too.

I also enjoyed everyone's input and amazing pictures of orchids, blue bottle trees, lightening, immaculate garden sheds, and other plants.

I don't get much time to visit this forum, but it's so enjoyable when I do come, that I spend hours reading.

One question regarding Meyers Lemon...my mother, who is a very experienced gardener container and in ground, just lost her plant after two months without any symptoms. It was doing well with 5 or 6 large lemons, so heavy that it was very lopsided, but she had propped it up well.....any ideas why?

Also, what do you do for slugs to permanently get rid of them? (In the garden, of course).

Also, why don't we have photos of each member so we can relate to the posts?

One of my resolutions is going to be to learn how to post photos on this forum.

Had an awesome dish of rice with raisins, dates and lentils. Going to make turkey cutlets with the left over turkey...really delicious.

Thanks again everyone for a very enjoyable 4 hours!

Soussan a.k.a. Susan.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anything You Wanna Talk About

Hello Soussan!!!

Happy New Year To YOU!!!

I also have enjoyed that thread and always enjoy looking and reading all of the jokes and whatever ones feels like they want to contribute.

My good friend from California sent me that video of the "Landfill Harmonic" and i will say that i was quite touched as well. It makes me feel good that you understood that these kids that have nothing..have everything... More than most of us.. they were happy and it didn't take much to make them appreciate just a few things from others to make them feel good. It made me tear up too!!!

I am not sure of the problems with your mom's Lemon Tree. Im sure others can help you.. there are lots of questions to ask about the tree to figure out what and why it didn't do well for her. Hopefully, we can find your answer!!

Your dinner sounds delicious !!!

Always nice to see you post.

Im not sure anyone has started a thread on pics of people here, but i know they did at one time at the C & S forum.

If you need help with posting pics.. you can always email me and i can help you... do you have a Photobucket account that you can upload pics? Some use Picassa as well..

Take care,

Laura

o

Hello Susan..I'm with Laura on that. Nice to meet you:-)

Hello Laura..When are you coming to Ma. again? I'll make sure this Artci air sticks around for you:-)
I hope you are well these days too:-)

Mike

o

Hello Miguel!!!

Artic Air.. Brr... No Thanks!!!

Im headed back to work and probably headed up to New York!!! Argg...

Im doing well and finally am over my cough, but DH might be getting the Flu.. Im staying far away.. LOL!!!

Would love to visit MA again.. when im around that area, you know i will let you know!!!

Send Hugs to Sissy and Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here