Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source of micronutrients?

Posted by weirdflowers 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 11:25

I recently decided to give CRF a shot and got a 10-lb bag of Osomocote. I thought it had micronutrients in it, but it turns out the one I got does not, and I have already used some so I can't return it. So what would be a good way to add micronutrients to my containers? I have Foliage Pro; would a dilute solution of FP when I water provide enough micros without overloading on NPK?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source of micronutrients?

Yes

o

If Osmocote has an optimal NPK ratio and Foliage-Pro has an optimal NPK and micronutrient ratio, then no combination of the two (except all FP and none of the Osmocote) can provide both optimal NPK and micronutrient ratio/quantity.

Ideally, what you need is a separate micro-nutrient stuff with 000 NPK. I do not know what that product is, but it probably exists somewhere.

If you can easily flush your containers, you can combine the two you have in order to use them up - it just would not be ideal. Or you can use FP exclusively at one time, then Osmocote plus micronutes at another.

o

I think Osmocote has most nutrients other than NPK. read the label.

Other crucial nutriens are Calcium and Magnesium. You can use gypsum and Epsom salt to provide those elements.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here