Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
repotting a foxtail fern ( a.densiflorus 'myeri')

Posted by theficuswrangler 9/10 (marlie.graves@gmail.com) on
Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 13:33

I recently acquired a potted foxtail fern that is severely rootbound. The top of the soil is covered with tuber-like structures, ranging in size from olives to pecans. Should these be removed when repotting? Buried? I plan to cut the root mass into 2 or 3 sections, root prune, and plant in gritty mix.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: repotting a foxtail fern ( a.densiflorus 'myeri')

I don't think it would hurt to remove those tubers. Members of the Asparagus family are very tough. It will just grow more. We used to take care of the flower beds at church and it was full of the regular asparagus fern. We never could kill it all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here