Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any experience with these zinnias? Profusion vs Crystal

Posted by julianna 7bAR (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 15:00

I love zinnias and have finally talked myself into trying some from seed, even though I barely have enough sun. I'll have to tuck them into my window boxes which hang off my railings, so I would like some that trail and don't get too big.

Years ago I grew Crystal White zinnias. I remember they did amazing in a window box, but their flowers are not very large. I was looking at Profusion Apricot zinnias as something which has larger flowers.

Any thoughts on either of these? Do the profusion zinnias actually trail or do they form a bush? it looks like they make a bush, and in that case, they may not be what I need even if I really want them.

They would be tucked into 18x6x6 boxes between strawberries or herbs (depends on the box). So something that makes a giant mound really wouldn't fit no matter how much I was trying to get those classic zinnia flowers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any experience with these zinnias? Profusion vs Crystal

ave grown Profusion for several years. Easy to grow from seed but they are not trailing-types. Low growing mound-type instead. Check the Annuals forum here for more info on them.

Dave

o
RE: Any experience with these zinnias? Profusion vs Crystal

OK, thanks! I went ahead and ordered seeds for both, and I'll probably try to tuck in profusions on the sides of the boxes so they have more space to mound. I'll stick the others in front so they can trail.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here