Posted by tandrew31 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 16:16

Any info appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best yellow cherry for containers

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 16:53

Sungold - hands down. In fact, it's my fave, red OR yellow.

Al

o

How big a container? Tumbling Tom Yellow works well in small (3-5 gallon) containers. If it's a 12-15 gallon container then I'd agree with the Sungold recommendation but they are huge plants so will need lots of support.

Dave

o

I second Al on Sungold. The most prolific and sweetest tom. I grow.

o

I agree the flavor and productivity of Sungold is great- but...the plants are shorter-lived than the old variety Sweet 100. My sweets often still have good little tomatoes for Thanksgiving and later. but- they ARE red...
Last year I made a second transplanting of Sungold in July, hoping to extend the harvest but it seems they 'know' when the season is ending and stop producing anyway despite young plant age? Or could be a fluke; will try again in 2013. Good luck with your tomatoes,
mm

o

sungold or ildi (or both ;) ). sungold is prolific, resistant to anything and everything, and great tasting. ildi is less known, nice tasting and absolutely insanely productive, it bears fruit in clusters of 50 or more tomatoes :D when i have guests who i want to impress, i just go to the garden and cut off a whole branch/cluster, and bring it to the table to snack along with appetizers :) it never fails to wow. it has done fine in containers for me.
ildi looks like this:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here