Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should i take my lemons off my tree.

Posted by maile67 none (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 28, 12 at 18:04

Hi I'm a newbie here and I have been always coming here for great advice. My problem if it is, is that my Eureka lemon tree about 3 feet tall had late blooms and i had lemons coming in at winter time. Well it's still on the tree about 17 of them and their about the size of a golfball, should i take them off or leave them alone. I also have new flowers coming in already please help. I'm just very excited i have lemons on my tree.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should i take my lemons off my tree.

A young lemon tree can often have more fruit than the limbs can carry, leading to broken limbs by time they are ripe. You may need to remove some, but I would not remove them all. Al

o

Thank you very much for the advice. I should have asked this too, right now it's in miracle grow cactus mix with perlite, i hear that is a taboo mix should i repot with the 5-1-1- mix that i have heard so much about right now?

o

You should re-pot, in my opinion, but *not* right now. Citrus can be re-potted in the Spring.

Josh

o

Well i do live in south florida and we have been having really warm weather 80's so I'm hoping that it would be okay to repot because it's been so warm. We did have a big frost that came thru for two days it got down to 29 and it was cold. I now have to nurse my areca palms, frangipani, and my garden back to health. Thanks again for the help with my lemons and I know i'll be back for more advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here