Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hdladyblu_2007

aquaglobes

hdladyblu_2007
16 years ago

i just saw this ad on tv for a product called"aquaglobe."they look like a real good way to water and they are cool looking.has anyone seen them?what do you think?if they work,why hasn't somebody thought of this before?

Comments (6)

• its_kristy
    16 years ago

There are various versions of these and aren't new. The acqua globe just happens to be the one that is most asthetically pleasing. The other versions range from a spike that screws on the opening of a water bottle to an old-school plastic, restaurant ketchup container with a hole in the bottom to pour in liquid.

I have the latter and it's ugly, but it seems to work fine. It only cost $5-$6 at HD. It essentially just drips water at a very slow rate.

• hdladyblu_2007
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i know the old concept with the ugly water bottle,but with the popularity of gazing balls and such,i wonder why no one has thought of these eye pleasing water bottles before now.

• justaguy2
    16 years ago

Why didn't anyone think of it before? I am sure many did, they just didn't market successfully.

Maybe it's just me, but every time I see a gazing ball I think 'what a lemming'.

They were trendy 10 years ago and today those selling them are largely not moving many. They are kind of stupid looking and no longer original in any way.

To each their own I guess.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    16 years ago

Those 'aquaglobes' have been around for many years. I suspect that people decided that they didn't like how they worked. That was certainly my experience when I was gifted a pretty hand blown piece about ten years ago or so. I still see them in garden centers, though rarely, now.

They don't deliver enough water at a time to do much good, and certainly cannot saturate a container with oxygenated water. It takes less time to water plants with a hose or watering can than to fiddle with those things.

I agree that they are pretty, though. ;-)

• ravennic
    15 years ago

I ordered the globes off the tv. I got 4 of them. I hate them, they don't give enough water to the plants plus if you get any dirt in the neck you have to push it down with something long. And you can't knock the dirt loose because you will break the glass stem. They are very thin and brittle. I sure wish I had my money back.. But if you decide to get them. GOOD LUCK

• puglvr1
    15 years ago

Ravennic,thanks so much for posting your experience with them. I was thinking in concept what a great idea it would be "IF" it worked and was hoping to find someone that has tried them first hand. Thanks so much, you saved me some money and disappointment. Hope you can send yours back for some refund?