Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source for deep hanging planters

Posted by jimfnc 7nc (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 11 at 12:21

I've tried several standard hanging baskets (inexpensive) and find they are normally too shallow to hold enough moisture. Have one side of the house that is very sunny, trying various veggie & herb plants, and I can water in the morning and be dried out/dead by eve (hot summer days in NC). Any source for "cheap" but deeper hanging baskets?
And I know the mix has a lot to do with it, suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source for deep hanging planters

Just a suggestion, but any container can be a hanging basket by simply placing it within an economical macrame' hanger. They do sell simple ones at most stores that carry indoor gardening supplies... or you could make your own quite simply.

You really don't have to know any complicated knot tying techniques... just a simple overhand or square knot, and some jute or sturdy twine can become a simple hanger for any container you like, deep or shallow. You can even use twine in a color to match your home.

They can be as complicated or as easy as you like, and you can use them indoors or out. I linked a simple version that you could probably whip up in a few minutes, but if you Google "simple macrame plant hangers", you'll find loads of instructions, photos, ideas, etc...

This way, you could use whatever size or shape pot you wanted to use, and you could easily change them out as the seasons change.

I'm sure someone will be along with information on a place you can order deep hanging baskets from, but just in case... macrame' is always an option.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simple Macrame' Plant Hanger

o
RE: source for deep hanging planters

These aren't cheap but they are the only ones I have found so far

Here is a link that might be useful: Imperial Hanging Planter

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here