Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help my flowers are dying?

Posted by JacquelynEmerick Tx (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 14:30

I live near houston tx, and for the past five days its been rainy and overcast, no sun for my flowers. They are in a greenhouse, and when I opened it today all of them looked like they were molding, leaves were yellow or brown, petals had black spots or the whole flower was squishy and rotting. I pruned all the bad leaves and flowers off my plants, hyacinths, snapdragons, renunculous roses, and some flowers I can't remember the name of ( they are small, five petaled pink flowers with large waxy leaves, the flowers have small blackk spots and the leaves look like they have white residue on them kinda like when your dishes come out of a poor cycle in the dishwasher) what do I do? I new at gardening and I don't want them to die! Is it overwatering from all the rain?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help my flowers are dying?

Probably a combination of moderate temps and high humidity. Open the windows and use a fan. Don't know if you can save anything at this point, or if it's worth the trouble. Houston is notorious for high humidity, ventilation is very important in your area. Live and learn and replant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here