Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mulch Pile Plant VS Containers

Posted by garf 10b (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 14:38

I just has an incident point out how bad the soil in my containers is. I put a Red Brandywine plant in a small mulch pile that is over 30 years old. That plant literally exploded. It has been out around 8 weeks. It makes my container plants look totally sick.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mulch Pile Plant VS Containers

Well, that is easy.

That's because the earth took care of the one in the ground, and you took care of the one in the container.

Mother Earth, God, Aliens, Worms, Bacteria, Microbes,
which ever you prefer on the other hand do know what they are doing.;-)))

Mike

o

It is forever tempting to compare growing in the soil in the garden with growing in containers. The conditions are so different a comparison is meaningless. As we accept this and concentrate on how to best meet the needs of the plant in our care, confined to a container, we will be rewarded. I can give dozens of examples in my own growing yard, of plants in nursery pots, neglected, having grown through the drain holes, through the landscape fabric into hard earth. These plants put on such a spurt of growth they are easy to pick out from hundreds of pots. Al

o

• Posted by garf 10b (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 17:31

You don't have the kind of crap for soil that I have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here