Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
creating a privacy fence with plantings

Posted by glinda919 zone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 26, 11 at 18:22

My neighbor built a 12-13 foot tall shed about 10 feet from my kitchen window. We are separated by a concrete driveway. I'm thinking of getting a couple of trough planters (and casters) to put on the driveway to block the sight of the shed. Any ideas of where to get the trough planters and what types of plantings to use? Bamboo? Trees? I'm in northern Virginia, zone 7. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: creating a privacy fence with plantings

• Posted by filix z5 maine (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 28, 11 at 16:21

Canna lilies in half whiskey barrels. Get the ones that grow huge and fast like omega, musifolia, ect.. If you start them early, like march or April, they will be 10ft tall and 6ft wide by august. Use the 5.1.1 soil we make here in this forum. They like sun, but will tolerate some shade. filix.

o
RE: creating a privacy fence with plantings

I just saw this post. Where is a good place to get whiskey barrels?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here