Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
forgot to ask about begonia care over 2 weeks

Posted by idabean 5A (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 4, 11 at 23:41

I forgot about my begonias! the rhizomeous kind with hairy leaves. Would they do ok in the cool and dark? my basement is very very cool and dark. I've two orchids in bloom and three that are "resting"- no leaves but alive.
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: forgot to ask about begonia care over 2 weeks

I would think so... I would think that with lower temps, indirect light, all plants grouped together and tented, as Al suggested in your other thread, and watered well before you left... they should fare ok... I might even go so far as to set up some kind of drip or wicking system to help... link with picture below.

It would be better if you could find someone to plant sit for you. Perhaps someone else has a few other suggestions to add...

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Care While On Vacation

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here