Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When Can I Transplant Baby Plants in Jiffy Pots?

Posted by awestruck (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 1:21

I know that when a plant has roots then it is time to transplant the plant, but I am wondering, if I have plants in Jiffy pots, do I have to wait for them to be a certain size before I plant them in the Smart Pots or can I plant baby plants that are growing in the Jiffy pots? Do I just basically stick the Jiffy pot in the growing medium? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When Can I Transplant Baby Plants in Jiffy Pots?

The Jiffy Pots are designed to be planted in the growing medium. This way there is no damage to the roots when you transplant your plants.
I do not think that there are any advantages to transplanting early. If the weather is good enough to keep your plants outside you can transplant your plants, Jiffy Pot and all.

o

Many of us do not like those netted Jiffy pots.....here's a discussion on the Veg Forum..............

Here is a link that might be useful: Jiffy Pot

o

Yes, it is plenty warm where I am at (Zone 9B). I have some tomato plants that are doing well, and want to plant them in the container soon. I should have just planted them in the container to begin with!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here