Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joscience

Homemade pots and a couple succulent plants

joscience
15 years ago

Hello! I'm normally over in the Cactus and Succulent forum, but wanted to share a few containers I've recently made myself. Living in an apartment forces me to grow all of my nearly 300 succulent plants in containers. Fortunately, they lend themselves very well to such treatment! Enjoy:

I am always interested to hear other people impressions, so please comment, even if it isn't a compliment! ;-)

{{gwi:9786}}

My first pot that really made me happy. I think it was about the third or fourth pot I threw. It is 3.75" in diameter.

{{gwi:9788}}

I really like the purple/green band along the rim. It is 4.75" in diameter.

{{gwi:9790}}

I am very happy with this one. I love the "Butterscotch" glaze. It is 5.5" in diameter.

{{gwi:9792}}

I like the shape, but I'm not so happy with the Tommoku glaze. It is 4.5" in diameter.

{{gwi:9794}}

Definitely my favorite pot I've made so far. Lots of texture, but nothing too strong as to detract from a plant. It is 4" in diameter.

{{gwi:9797}}

It is the same butterscotch glaze as before, but I applied some raw iron oxide pigment to the surface before applying the glaze. I *love* the melty/globby look of the bottom.

{{gwi:9798}}

The only hand-built pot I've done so far (this is a pinch pot). I think this is another highlight of mine, the glazing came out very well. It is 5" in diameter and 4.75" tall.

{{gwi:9799}}

I wasn't very excited about the shape of this pot, so I broke off pieces of the rim and tried some more abstract glazing. It is 6" in diameter.

And finally, what two of these pots look like with a plant in them!

{{gwi:9801}}
Ceraria pygmaea staged in one of my own hand thrown and decorated pots.

{{gwi:9802}}

A clump of Euphorbia flanaganii staged in one of my pots.

{{gwi:9803}}

I really tried to take full advantage of the unique rim of this pot.

Comments (8)