Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you could have just 1 container plant.

Posted by thahalibut Z-9 CA SSZ-9 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 11 at 11:51

What would it be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you could have just 1 container plant.

Food producing - Rubin Pearl Cherry Tomatoes. I'm not even such a fan of tomatoes, but I love growing these for the people in my family who enjoy them. They look so healthy and beautiful. I love the smell, I love the look, I just wish I could love the taste of tomatoes!
Non food producing - Sunflowers. I'm trying Big Smile sunflowers this year. Sunflowers are so pretty and cheerful, I love them!

o

do trees count?

I would say 1 rootstock with a meyer lemon, key lime, golden nugget tangerine, oro blanco grapefruit, and washington navel orange grafts in about a 24x24 box container with wheels. Ok so I cheated and got 5 in 1 but it just one root system, lol.

mike

o

The next one

o

The lowly, lovely Hippeastrum Hybrid... any variety. More commonly known as the Amaryllis, this bulbed, blooming plant makes a wonderful, easy to grow houseplant.

For several years, that WAS my only plant. It satisfied my need to grow something, took to moving and re-potting well, and it bloomed every spring. I paid all of $3 for it, and only really bought it because it had the same name on the box as my beloved American Bulldog, Minerva.

I still have that original Minerva bulb, and she still blooms every spring. Minerva, the bulldog, passed away several years ago, a victim of cancer... I am reminded of her every spring when my bulb opens its lovely blooms.

This simple purchase also sparked an interest that has led me to collect and breed tender Amaryllids of all types.

o

mike, uh YES!

o

Definitely impatiens.

o

Boysenberry all the way, or a Sharpblue Blueberry.

o

A cannabis hybrid. But then I live in the real world, right?

o
bfdasb

No seriously, a Bluecrop blueberry plant in a half whiskey barrel. That would be my first choice. If not that then a Scotch Bonnet plant.

I do have a thing for eating raw chillis so the second choice would be nice. For laughs I love to film my friends eating my chillis and post them on Youtube.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here