Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any experience with Boskke upside down planters?

Posted by PlantPropaganda 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 14:06

http://www.boskke.com/products/skyplanter

Since these are technically "containers," I figured they could go here. These upside down planters from Boskke have gotten a lot of press, but is it just me or do they seem destined to fail? I can't find any outsider or objective reviews. All the pictures are clearly of newly installed pieces. They've done a good job of making sure the plant is secure, soil stays put and supplying adequate water, but what about the natural form and tropisms? Would something vining like pothos work better? They're on sale from Fab.com and I am considering getting a set to try out, maybe with a dracaena, but am wondering if the plant will just grow towards the light, either upwards or sideways, and become an unattractive "U" shape.

Any input is appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any experience with Boskke upside down planters?

plants for sure will grow towards the light which is up..well is gonna miss up the main design of the plants?maybe..but is that a bad thing or rather quite interesting?
if i were you,i try to make one.maybe small one out any container i have on hand drill a hole in the bottom and put the plant upside down.you said you have pathos?get a cutting a stick it in your make shift container.there is lots of DIY vids on youtube explaining how to do so..look up topsy turvy.you have sparked an idea for me..oh well more project for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here