Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY ideas for protecting deck from containers

Posted by njitgrad 6A/6B New Jersey (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 15:33

I am looking for a DIY idea for something to put under my containers to protect my deck. My deck is PT wood but it was weathered so bad when I bought my house that I had it coated in a special textured deck paint to fill in the crevices/gaps until we can afford to replace it. That being said, any container will leave a stain on this painted surface so I need to prevent direct contact with the deck. Any ideas are welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY ideas for protecting deck from containers

• Posted by nil13 z21 L.A., CA (Mt. Wa (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 16:32

use window caulk or construction adhesive to glue small tiles to the bottom of the pot. That will lift the pot off the deck and also permit better drainage from the pot.

o

• Posted by rina_ 5a Ont (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 20:14

Caps from pop/water/milk/juice bottles make good 'legs' for containers

Rina

o

I am using rocks/large pebbles to hold some of my containers off decking. Several of same size , largest in back, keeps pots off deck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here