Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
5 gal buckets & reusable fabric bags

Posted by MorugaMan 4 (mrhaglund21@gmail.com) on
Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 15:44

Hey guys I live in Minnesota and was wondering where I could get the best deal on 5 gallon buckets or reusable fabric shopping bags?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 5 gal buckets & reusable fabric bags

Well the best deal is to get them free; Check with some restaurants, bakeries. If you want to buy them, Lowes sells 5gal. buckets cheapest : about $1.80. Fabric shopping bags cost under a buck. But I don't know how long they will last. I have heard some Walmats have them (the blue ones) for 5o cents each. My neighborhood walmart has discontinued selling those.

o

We've a dollar store like place nearby that frequently has 3gal buckets. Our Walmart's blue bags are not a woven fabric and fall apart when wet.

o

Root Pouches are the answer -- Greenhousemegastore has the 5 gal for only $1.31 when you buy them in batches of 10. Superior in every way to plastic pots and shopping bags. Buckets will heat up too much and you'll burn your roots. Go with the Root Pouches:

Here is a link that might be useful: Root Pouches

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here