Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
egyronin

511 mix sources in NY

egyronin
11 years ago

after reading for days on GW,i found tapla's mix(Al) it all made sense to me so i decided to go on hunt to find the ingerdients and boy!is it hard to find..bark fines is the hardest cause of the size and trips to go check it my self.so after repit bark $18 price tag i opt it out for HD's pine bark mulch sift it,hand pick big twigs and sap wood and finally spread on the table with lots of newspapers under and start whacking with a little axe i have.i got it to be between 1/8-1/4 i kno it is a bit big but leave and learn.i could always adjest later on.on to the sources

long island compost pine bark mulch from Home Depot
2 cuft. for 4$

peat moss from HD 3cuft for 9.99$(cheapest i found)

perlite from Hydroponic Garden Centers, Inc.
14649 Horace Harding Expy, Flushing, NY 20 something usd for a cubic feet it a bit expensive but it is a little bigger than a BB size.
thy also carry something called clay pebbels by company called plant it!25 liter for 19.99 dont know if this is good for gritty mix but worse to check it.

also from them got one pound of Azomite and Neptune fertilizer.

animal feed in the bronx as well as feed store in statenisland thy carry the Grit for 18$ 50 pound bag

napa auto store has the floor dry

Turface MVP All Pro Horticulture Inc.
54 Railroad Avenue
Copiague, NY 11726 thats longisland 50 pound bag 14$.

I am making the 511 mix but during the hunt i gained lots of information.IT IS ABOUT THE JOURNEY NOT THE DESTNATION.LOl
thanks all to you guys
Esp thankx goes for TAPLA for his effort explaning everything in detalis for us.GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
i hope this is helped a bit.

Comments (3)