Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
persimmon tree in container?

Posted by w2p2k 9 (CA) (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 18:03

Hi. Has anyone ever planted a persimmon tree in a container? I know they can get pretty big and was wondering if it will be manageable in the future. Are 5-1-1 and the gritty mix good choices for persimmon trees?

I currently have a relatively young persimmon tree (2 years since I bought it from OSH) in the ground. It's not too big yet since I potted it in a container for the first year. I recently did some reading on pressure treated lumber leaking chemicals (arsenic) into the soil. The lumber around the tree is from before 2003 and is most likely CCA lumber, so I'd like to get the tree out of there. I don't have any more yard space to put the tree in the ground, so I'm thinking about a half wine barrel (about 28" wide, 18" high). The brick patio is built around the lumber so removing the CCA lumber would be a bigger project than I want to tackle right now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: persimmon tree in container?

hello, sir, do you know some friends in need of coir basket, hanging basket for flower, plantings?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here