Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coast Of Maine 5-1-1

Posted by mahz Mass (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 18:18

Has anyone had any experience with Coast of Maine mulches for the 5-1-1 mix? Or, can anyone show me a retailer that sells pines fines. Any help would be much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coast Of Maine 5-1-1

• Posted by mahz none (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 19:16

Here are some of their mixes:
Dark Harbor:
"Dark Harbor Blend is an exceptionally rich, fine-textured blend of naturally composted barks, ideal for mulching beds, borders and gardens and for use around shrubs and trees.

It will help retain moisture without robbing your soil of nitrogen and help insulate the surface soil against excessive cold and heat that can otherwise damage plant root systems. Because Dark Harbor's barks are almost completely decomposed, it can be dug into your beds and garden in the fall, providing your soil a rich and immediate source of organic material.

We have named this blend for the picturesque island village of Dark Harbor on Isleboro Island in Penobscot Bay."

Pine and Spruce:
"We offer a complete line of 2 and 3 cubic foot traditional bark mulches - Hemlock, Pine & Spruce, Natural Cedar and Red Cedar. These are all double ground, fine-textured fresh bark mulches designed for consistent quality. Our Red Cedar and Hemlock mulches are enhanced with a small quantity of iron oxide tint, a safe, natural material that will not stain or wash off. Otherwise, no tints or colorants are used to enhance the natural beauty of either our Natural Cedar and Pine and Spruce. All four mulches are ideal for use around trees, shrubs and in play areas and walkways. Bark mulch helps insulate your soil, retain moisture during the heat of summer and suppress weeds. Remember, when mulching perennials or annuals consider using one of our enriching mulches."

I'm in the Boston area also if anyone wanted to know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dark Harbor, Pine and Spruce Mix

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here