Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing cucumbers indoors: A few questions

Posted by dsi411 California 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 19:17

I am growing Bush Champion cucumbers from seed indoors. It is under full spectrum grow lights. They are in a self watering container. It is pretty big and I don't think they are cramped. I have a few questions.

-There are two cucumber plants. Should I take one out? One is bigger and has more leaves but the other has more female flower buds(mini cucumbers). Will this allow better root development?

-How can I ensure I will get cucumbers? I've grown a cucumber plant before on the windowsill but it never produced. The female flowers just died off. I don't want this to happen again.

The picture shows the flowers on the smaller plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing cucumbers indoors: A few questions

This shows the size of the plants.

o

Well I've grown melons in hydroponics and I know they like to dive deep. But anyways they need lots of light so how much lumens, it might say on the lightbulb box, do you have?

About the two plants in one container, I'm not sure if they will be fighting over nutrients but in a hydro solution it doesn't really matter cause nutrient is everywhere.

About ensuring cucumbers, perhaps search for what important nutrients cucs need and how much, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

o

norwoodn, I don't have the box, but here's a link to the light I used. It doesn't say how many lumens it is on the website though. Thanks for at least trying to help.

Here is a link that might be useful: This is the light I'm using

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here