Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Hoya in the gritty mix, is this usual?

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Mar 15, 11 at 20:43

I was wondering if anyone knew if these colors are normal for this Hoya?

I think the colors are just amazing to me. The colors are vivid and several different shades are appearing.
My sister bought the same exact one when I did and hers is just green and white variegated. Is this unusual? If so, I just LOVE this plant!
It is in one of my bathrooms and I look at this one every time I get out of the shower. It throws a new leaf of color almost every week and keeps me in suspense of the next leaf. So far, it has only been growing solid colors and variegated leaves of red, orange red, yellow, white, and others. Once in a while, a greener leaf will pop up.
It has been in the gritty mix all winter until now.

Could this mean that it is happy? I don't even care if it ever flowers for me now, since the colors are interesting each day.

Thank you everyone

Mike

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Hoya in the gritty mix, is this usual?

Hey, Mike!
This is totally normal for Hoya carnosa 'Tricolor' - which has the nickname of Krimson Queen.
You're definitely seeing the tricolors on this! ;-)
I'd say it's happy, alright!

Josh

o

Yes, Mike... totally normal coloration. Your Hoya looks very healthy and happy!

I have 2 Hoya plants of different variety, both very young and small. It's an easy plant to grow, I think, seeming to thrive on neglect. I once had a large hanging basket of the most common variety, and I actually got it to bloom! The flowers are spectacular and nicely scented!

Way to grow, Mike!

o

Beautiful hoya and absolutely normal Mike...very healthy as well! One of the fun hoyas to grow...love the different colors on this one and wait till it blooms!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here