Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

Lexington MA Garden Party and Swap!

Marie Tulin
13 years ago

Hi Container Gardening Friends,

I know a few people here aren't too far from Lexington, and there may be local lurkers, too. I want to extend this invitation to anyone who can get here. There's one thing I need to check out before I pick the date.

To see the entire thread please go to the NE Forum.Please post your questions and offers of assistance on that thread, not here.It will be easier to keep track of things if they are all in one place.

Silly of me, but I just realized some container gardeners will add a whole new element to our swap! Root away, cuttings and divisions!

IDABEAN'S GARDEN PARTY AND SWAP IN lEXINGTON MA

Would you be interested in coming to a Garden Party and Plant Swap in late spring, on a Saturday in June?

There are new people on the forum and familiar faces I haven't seen in a long time.Unless someone else was was planning on hosting one, I'd like to offer my place in Lexington as a site.

"Garden Party" is not usually part of a Plant Swap, I know. However,this winter brought snowstorm after snowstorm,and foot upon foot of it. I am really in the mood for a Party!

So "party" invites you to wear flowered shirts,skirts,dresses,hats and boutoniers with your jeans and sneakers. "Party" also means fun! Put names and faces together,enjoy conversation and learning and, of course, get new plants.

And "Swap" invites you to start dividing,digging,seeding and thinning your plants to share with others.

One thing I'd like to add this year is an informal workshop or two.I was thinking one on beekeeping (I know someone and keep bees myself)and perhaps container gardening principles.

Also, a swap is a great place to off-load old gardening books and magazines, unused gardening supplies and tools.I've got books from a swap 5 years ago that it is time to pass on.

One thing so I don't look like a host who dumps her responsibilites:I will ask someone else to coordinate refreshments, Experience taught me the host gets very busy cleaning up and doing her own weeding to handle refreshments as well.

I'll post more about the mechanics of a swap later.

Finally,YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE PLANTS TO OFFER!Come with empty hands, leave with a full car.People with older gardens love to give away their extras instead of composting them. New gardeners and people with new gardens are especially welcome.

Looking forward to this being a lively post.

Marie aka Idabean

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals