Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ddelrosso182

New to gardening, seeds have all germinated...what's next?

ddelrosso182
11 years ago

Hello,

I am new to this forum and new to gardening. I live in an apartment with a decent balcony, which will be the location of my garden. I started seeds a couple weeks ago, and to my surprise nearly every seed germinated, and they are growing ferociously, and now I am lost! It's too cold in Delaware I think for my little guys to go outside, but they are outgrowing (I think) the little seed starting containers they are in, also my lettuces desperately need to be thinned out, I'm just not sure the best way to go about it. Basically I don't know what my next step should be...eventually I plan on the bigger plants to be in plastic storage bin sized containers, smaller tomatoes and these little hot peppers in hanging baskets, and I'm making an herb/lettuce container out of a fabric shoe organizer...an idea I got from some urban gardening blog somewhere out there. I just don't know what to do intermittently. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Ps. I could only upload 1 photo so I chose my lettuces, because I think they are the most out of control, but everything needs help!

Comments (2)