Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Looking for Pine Bark Fines in Massachusetts

First of all, I am really impressed with the information I've read from Al, explaining how the structure of the soil in containers is so important and the amount of time and patience he has to help people improve their container growing. I am completely sold on the idea of using the mix that he is suggesting and have been for a couple of years now. My problem has been that I haven't found the main ingredient Pine Bark Fines yet.

I admit I haven't done an all out search for it. I've started to focus on it a couple of times and had to drop it and go back to other priorities. I have asked at different nurseries for this ingredient and they usually offer me bark mulch that is not that. So there isn't any company that actually makes this exactly in the state that we need it in? I did see another post where someone was recommending Earthgro Decorative Groundcover Bark, from one of the box stores, but I'd like to avoid that product if I can.

It also seems like people in other parts of the country find it a lot easier than people here. I did ask here awhile back and never got to follow up on it at that point. I just did a search for my old post and nothing came up.

So, can anyone direct me to where I can find Pine Bark Fines in the Boston area?

Comments (5)