Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fantastic Earthtainer press for Raybo

Posted by daninchicago (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 22, 11 at 9:45

A friend of mine forwarded this article from Slate to me this morning -- great article about the Earthtainer.

As a long-time lurker on this board, I've learning about everything that I know from gardening from the knowledgeable and helpful folks here -- glad to see that others will similarly benefit!

Dan

http://www.slate.com/id/2291834/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fantastic Earthtainer press for Raybo

That's a really great article - thanks for sharing it, and congrats to Raybo!!

o
RE: Fantastic Earthtainer press for Raybo

Thanks Folks!

What really impressed me was the writer Farhad Manjoo had actually taken the time to build 3 of his own EarthTainers first - in researching and writing the story. How many Reporters would do that in preparation.

I really hope it does bring awareness that the EarthTainer growing principles can be applied anywhere in the world, and that folks in Africa can fashion them out of surplus drums, etc. to make their own growing systems "Peace Corps" style.

Raybo

Here is a link that might be useful: Slate Article on the EarthTainer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here