Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emileeg

Plants for small pots - kitchen windowsill

emileeg
12 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but I figure this would be a good place to start :)

I have a very sunny south-facing window over my kitchen sink. I would like to put a few small plants there in pots, but I'm not sure what I can put in small pots! I'm thinking 4' terra cotta pots.

I don't really want to do herbs, as I have a large container herb garden on my patio. I'd really like to just add some pretty plants and possibly some color to that part of the kitchen.

I am not interested in cacti or succulents. And I see a lot of african violets in little pots, but they just don't appeal to me...

To clarify... I'm not sure exactly how a sunny window translates to plant sunniness. I say it's a very sunny window, but obviously full-sun plants require more intense light than they can get through a window... and I have no idea what would remain healthy in such a little container!

So... bottom line... would this be possible, or are tiny pots just like goldfish bowls (cute and aesthetically pleasing until the thing living in it dies because it doesn't have enough space)?

Comment (1)