Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This weather STINKS..What about yours?

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 11:37

Yup...Just when I thought it was spring, everything freezes after starting to bloom..

29 degrees still at 11:00 a.m. with winds gusts of 35 miles per hour...70 yesterday..
I awoke to snow too with the ground frozen...Covered snow pots...

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This weather STINKS..What about yours?

Hey, Mike....as you know, the weather's turned warm out here in the West. Allergies are in full swing, too. The aphids are covering cars in "honey dew" and making a sticky mess. 63F at 8:55 in the morning, warming to the high 70F's at least.

Josh

o

Mike

It's been pretty nice here in south central Texas. Mid to upper 70's or low 80's during the day and low 60's at night. Veggies are doing great.

o

Started off gray this morning, but it's 76F and sunny now. Not sure how anyone can complain about this type of weather. :)

o

Hi Mike!!

Yesterday it was 80 degrees.. Then the cold front hit and it dropped the temps down into the mid 30's. mmmmmhmmmm , had to bring in 40 large Plumeria. All of the others trees and tropicals are still under the lights upstairs and in the greenhouse. I thought I could bring out the mature trees in the hopes of the temps being around the mid forties, but NOOooooooo!

Wind gust up to 70... We had a huge coal ship break for its mooring and was adrift in the bay.. I have never seen weather like this. It's totally unbelievable.

I'm really tired of this weather ... If I was in Florida.. I wouldn't be complaining!!! ;-). Lucky you!!!

Hi Josh... I was thinking of you last night. My Squill needs to be repotted and I'm going to split them . How are yours doing?

Happy spring to you!!!

Laura

o

Our PNW weather has turned nasty too. Today's high is 53F and tomorrow will be 52F. That is about 10 degrees below average for this time.

Like they say: Weather, you can talk about it but you cannot do anything about it. So let us all start whining. :)

o

Well, you had to ask. LOL

Kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Sorry

o

Winter won't let go where I am in the Hudson Valley of N.Y. 28 F. the past 2 mornings. upper 40's during the day. Last week we had upper 70's and an 80 degree day. Had to cover my carnivorous plants the past 2 nights.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here