Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can resin pots be painted?

Posted by deejayw 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 30, 06 at 12:56

I have several large resin flower pots. I like them, but don't really like the color. Can they be painted? Will be used outdoors. What type of paint? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can resin pots be painted?

There is a new spray paint formulated for plastics...I think Krylon makes it. It's called Fusion as the paint fuses to the plastic to prevent flaking. I suppose you could use any exterior paint over a good primer, but I've had some flaking even with that over time. Good luck.

o

I would try krylon fusion or the new krylon h20 ,a new enamual by krylon. Either one should do just fine. You can go to www.krylon.com for a complete list of their paints and their paints and their uses. ........mike

o

Thanks...will check it out.

o

killz (kilz?) has a product out thats colored and worked great on a resin fountain. I painted it 3 months ago as an experiment and even with the water , I have no flaking or chipping.

o

Rebeccas Garden TV show had this on this past weekend. She showed how to decorate the foam or lightweight planters using gel stain. See the link below for some instructions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glazing Pots on Rebeccas Garden

o

Thanks to all for the info!

D.

o

Thanks sedum for the Rebecca article---just what I was looking for!!!!!!! Too late for this year because I planted my container annuals this week-end but the painting will be a great winter project next year!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here