Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
container garden: plants look burnt. help!

Posted by ErinKVdonck 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 13:47

Hi guys,

I have a container garden on my balcony. I live in Central Florida, second floor, and my plants get about 5-7 hours of sun a day. I water regularly, and always check the soil first to make sure I'm not over watering. Over the last two weeks all of my plants went from absolutely thriving, to really struggling.

The leaves look yellow, thin, and burnt (like someone held a match to them). They are dying off, and I'm not sure why. I tried using Miracle Grow fertilizer about every other day, but saw absolutely no improvement at all.

It has been really hot here lately, and the humidity has been high as well. What could be causing my poor plants to burn? And how do I save them?

Thank you for ANY help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: container garden: plants look burnt. help!

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 22:13

Here is where you'll likely find your answer: "I tried using Miracle Grow fertilizer about every other day". Plasmolysis is the technical term, fertilizer burn the common.

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here