Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ammonium Sulfate for citrus?

Posted by brownmola San Diego (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 13:59

So I have a few newly planted 5-1-1 container citrus. I am using Dynamite Citrus CRF and am using a Foliage Pro with very watering. Does anyone use Ammonium Sulfate with their container citrus?

I used Ammonium Sulfate for the first time ever for my in ground citrus about a month ago and am seeing a lot of new growth on citrus that had been losing a lot of leaves.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ammonium Sulfate for citrus?

brownmola, ammonium sulfate contains 21% nitrogen - all totally water soluble.
I cannot envisage it as the only fertilizer for citrus - except as a 'starter' for young plants - and then only in very dilute concentrations.
Here is a description of the product.

o

• Posted by nil13 z21 L.A., CA (Mt. Wa (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 11:40

You can absolutely use ammonium sulphate on your container citrus. It is an easy way to give a nitrogen dose to a plant. Just dissolve it in water and fertigate. Calculate out your desired ppm and add enough to warm water to hit that target.

o

You can use it if you think your plant needs more "N".
I use it sometimes on my onions, garlics and other leafy veggies.
I think it also tends to acidify the soil a bit (not too much) due to presence of Sulfur in it.

o

Thanks guys! The citrus I have in pots was pretty neglected when they were in the ground and I want to try and push some growth/greening on them and thought dissolved Ammonium Sulfate would help. 1 tsp or Tbs per gallon sound okay?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here