Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EarthTainer soil mix

Posted by Athenian 10 (Sunset 22) (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 14:36

Hi,

I am just getting started with container gardening. I made one EarthTainer as an experiment last fall and am using that as a spinach bed.

Now I'm getting ready to plant two more EarthTainers to grow peppers and cucumbers. Given that I'm not going to be growing tomoatoes in these boxes, do need to add Dolomite Lime to the soil mixture?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EarthTainer soil mix

Have you read the EarthTainer Construction Guide?

Raybo

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev 3.5 EarthTainer Construction Guide

o

Yes I have, I followed the plans to build all three of my containers and I just finished a trellis for the cucumbers yesterday.

I was just wondering because you do focus so much on tomatoes and explained that the agricultural lime provides calcium which is supposed to combat Blossom End Rot. I didn't use it in my spinach bed but I was wondering whether it might be needed for anything else. If not, I'll leave it out.

Athena

o

my swc's i use lime for peppers/chiles and cucumber. i get alittle ber on my peppers every year but it clears up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here