Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iwstlj2415

Help with trees in containers.

iwstlj2415
13 years ago

Last fall I decided to grow some trees from seed in containers so I planted Acorns, Horse Chestnuts, and some maple seeds in pots. Many of them are sprouting now. However, being a newbie, I planted them in pure topsoil. Now that I have realized my mistake does anyone have any recommendations on what to plant them in? I have read about Al's gritty mix, and 5:1:1 mix and I would really like to try them, but at this point in time I don't have the money or ability to track down all those ingredients. I hope to use them in the future, but for now I just need a planting medium that is better then topsoil.

Also, I have a potted tree that I got in the summer that has sent out about 30 leaves since March 18th. However, the leaves are rippled/curled along the edges. They're also solid green and very soft. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it? I've been watering it about every other day. I don't have a clue what kind of tree it is. I will try to post a picture later if someone can tell me how.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

iwstlj2415

Comment (1)