Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dragonfly717

Anyone have creative potriser/feet ideas?

dragonfly717
10 years ago

Really am trying not to spend any more money right now. Thinking about attaching large flat glass "marbles" or ??something? Wanting to remain level for some will be on pool deck pavers, but other are sitting on the ground. Need to get those up ASAP.

Thanks!

Jamie

Comments (12)

• VGtar
    10 years ago

Caps from soft drinks/ bottled water.

• dragonfly717
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! Great idea vgtar :)

• MDutton
    10 years ago

It's not necessarily free (unless you can "borrow" a few from a small child), but I used alphabet blocks. Like, the old-school ones made out of wood, with colorful letters and numbers on them. I picked up a set for about $15 locally, but you could probably find them in a thrift shop or at garage sales. I have eight big planters on my balcony, and I put 3 or 4 under each pot.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

For large pots I use plastic drink cups filled with clay. The best description of my other idea would be best pictured
    SEE BELOW

{{gwi:22022}}
    The empty can next to the seed grown meiwa kumquat tree will get a citrus tree in it. The cut off can with the hole in its side collects excess water so it works well inside on furniture and provides an air hole to fit a blow-dryer to blow air into the roots. Roots need fresh air on a regular bases or the plants can stagnate and can even die in bad cases. The link below shows a meiwa kumquat tree grown from seed using this aeration / water collection system. It's growth rate double when I set this up.

This works with drink cups up to and beyond 55 gallon drums and keeps ground insects from working up in your potted plant.

Good luck

Here is a link that might be useful: https://plus.google.com/photos/111099372377958308731/albums/profile?banner=pwa

• dragonfly717
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the ideas. I may try a combo of all as some pots are very decorative and exposed on my pool deck whereas others are tucked away within the garden beds.

• JoppaRich
    10 years ago

I'm using slices of PVC pipe.

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

Another vote for slices of PVC pipe but any small chunks of wood work well. You can pick up one old used 2x4 free lots of places or for a couple of bucks and make 48 2" risers out of it.

Dave

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

With the start of this thread, I got to thinking of Ideas for my customers. I ask him, are you saving you childs baseball bat from 30 years ago or would you like to place those memories under you potted flowers. We used a dark ash stain and polyurethaned them. The perfectly round coasters look great, and should take him through to very old age.

As for the pots tucked in garden bed I use pots with no bottom in them and the roots pass right though while the container helps shape and boost the plant. The link below shows what I am using. You could use something much more attractive.

Here is a link that might be useful: https://plus.google.com/photos/111099372377958308731/albums/5869826671114565057?banner=pwa

• dragonfly717
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Walking around the yard this morning trying to see where the most water puddles (we had a serious "frog-choking rain" here yesterday and today. I noticed a few concrete sprinkler head donut-protectors tucked behind some shrubs. They worked perfectly for my garden pots. Pretty pleased :)

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

My final 2 cents worth. Pennys stack of 3 in 3 place. Use gravity to hold them in place. Total cost 9 sense per pot

• dragonfly717
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOVE IT! I may actually glue them but that may be perfect for my pool deck pots. Thanks again!