Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MP's Experimental Container Garden....2012.1

Posted by MadPrepper FL (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 17:19

I've been lurking for quite a while and decided to register and post my container efforts to see if it might help anyone.

My gardening space is extremely limited, so I started with SICs last August. My garden now takes up 25'x10'. Not that much, but I have been getting food.

I had been posting on another site, but there wasn't much interest if you weren't planting in 100' rows.

All of my containers are sub-irrigated of one design or another. I have decided on a final design based on the results I have in the last 3/4 year or so.

This was taken 4-16:

Some of the food I've harvested over the last couple weeks.

Pickle cukes from 4-12. They've slowed down.

4-16 again:

4-21

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MP's Experimental Container Garden....2012.1

I couldn't see your photos. Here's a link that explains how to post photos. The first thing to do is post your photos on an Internet photo sharing site, like photobucket.com.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post a photo

o

I don't think I've ever been on a forum that didn't have a way to edit posts...unless I missed it.

Anyway, I put the pics on my own server. Was just trying to get out of some work since they were already posted on another forum.

This was taken 4-16:

Some of the food I've harvested over the last couple weeks.

Pickle cukes from 4-12. They've slowed down.

4-16 again:

4-21

o

Very interesting!

o

Nice vegetable bounty!

Can you explain your "sub-irrigation" method. Is it just a normal SWC or different. Always interested in what other people are trying.

o

Well, I never liked the term SWC for containers I have to water myself. I consider them sub-irrigated and when I get an AWS engineered I'll call them self watering.

I've tried so many SIP designs that I could write a book. When I get enough pics, I'll show my final design.

o

Looks good, is the plastic for weed control or some kind of giant reservoir? I am guessing weed control, but the idea of a giant reservoir for sub irrigation is appealing to the mad scientist in me.

o

I like those PVC net frames! Yeah, I'm stealing that. LOL!

PJ

o

Beautiful....I'm anxious to see your finalized box plan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here