Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New and excited�but scared!

Posted by dowbright z6 in Missouri (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 17:33

I'm a veteran organic vegetable gardener of almost 40 years. We're leaving our sunny home for a far better place...on the Lake of the Ozarks! SO happy.

But I will have to garden in containers. Any tips or links on up-to-date materials, supplies, seed and plants that provide the best yields? I'm overwhelmed! And can't even figure out where to start. So much for experience, eh? :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New and excited�but scared!

Hey Dowbright!
I think that just about everyone here would agree that the best tip for a lifelong in-ground grower making the transition to containers is......

Forget everything that you know about in-ground gardening!

LOL!

Well...not EVERYTHING...but just about!!!

The best place to get started is by reading Al's original posts on the following threads:

"Container Soils - Water Movement & Retention XV"

"Fertilizer Program for Containerized Plants III"

I'm sure you'll have a few questions after you soak up all the incredible information in those posts. Let em' fly...there are lots of folks around here that are ready and willing to share thier experiences with you!

Welcome!

PJ

o
RE: New and excited�but scared!

Fantastic! I can't wait to "eat them up" tonight. Thank you, DaMonkey. :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here