Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dyna gro Foliage pro gallon size

Posted by kandhi z7VA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 18:16

I ordered dyna gro foliage pro gallon size from greenhouse megastorefor $41. I am not sure whether i got the best deal or not but I have a question on the product I received. When I opened the container cap I did not find the plastic seal inside. The container just had a cap. I remember foliage pro always had a plastic seal inside the cap. I called them and they said they get the containers directly from dynagro and ship to their customers and do not open the containers for any reason. I believe them but my prior orders locally for this product came with a seal. Has anyone had ordered from greenhousemegastore and had noticed this as an issue?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dyna gro Foliage pro gallon size

I'm sure it's fine. They are a major store and the last thing they want is trouble. They have no need to tamper with the product. Try not to worry about it. Just my .02.

o

My gallon of Foliage Pro from Greenhouse Megastore arrived on Friday and it had a white plastic seal under the cap.

o

Same here.

o

my quart size container didn't have the seal either and i thought it was weird.

o

edweather, it is the trust among people or businesses that keeps everything going in life. I believe them that they did not tamper with the product and my plant care would reflect that as I use only that fertilizer on my vegetable gardening. I hope more folks respond to this post to get an idea if someone else had similar experience

o

• Posted by four 9B (near 9a) (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 13:15

I found this thread because I was searching for a good place to ask
this same question.
I see that others too have smelled a rat

We have no way to know whether our unsealed juice is diluted.
It is certain that the level in my container was LOW.

o

So you also purchased yours from Greenhouse Megastore? I purchased a bottle from an eBay seller a couple of years ago without a seal, so the problem doesn't appear to be unique to them.

o

Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 13:33

> Posted by shazaam
> yours from Greenhouse Megastore?

No.

> Posted by mats
> plastic seal under the cap.

Which stated nothing about its integrity (state of "sealedness").

o

I just open a gal jug the other day and the seal came off as i opened it and it stayed in the cap.

Jerry

o

Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 18:28

I wish that others also would do as I did,
which was to inquire of Dyna-Grow about this matter.
( I await reply.)
info@dyna-gro.com

o

Double check the seal isn't under the cap -- the seal they use commonly gets stuck to the underside of the cap.

o

Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 23:04

> Posted by Jay-Part-Shade
> stuck to the underside of the cap.

Irrelevant to the issue.
( Or merely restates the issue itself.)

o

I buy my Foliage Pro from my local hydroponics store. They carry Dyna Gro products.. But they have to order the gallon size for me.

Mine did have a seal on the gallon size.

Just wanted to share..

Take care,

Laura

o

Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 3:52

Your sharing is appreciated, Laura,
and I wish that I knew its intended meaning.

Jeez, everybody, this is like pulling teeth.
What we seek to know is whether the mouth is /was SEALED.
Ya know, like takes strong work, or something sharp, to access the contents?
A disk is not a seal unless it in fact is /was achieving a sealed condition.

o

Hi Four,

I just think the original poster, ( hi Kandhi) and others were questioning this product coming from this certain company were tampered with and possibly of it being diluted. Also to hear of others experiences....

It's just nice to hear that others have the same issues and it if they had the same sealed container . It's not a matter of whether it is just an easy seal to open , but if the product is truly what it is supposed to be .

I think this was the intended discussion and to see if others have had these same experiences .

Some people think / feel like it isn't the true product . So most of us are replying to the questions to let them know our experiences.

That was my " intended meaning " to add to the discussion what mine was like some of the others and that some are " sealed or not sealed" Hope this helps the original poster!!

Have a good day!

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 22:39

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 16:33

This thread reminded me that I needed my supply replenished, so I ordered a gallon from GH Megastore. I'm really skeptical about there being anything hokey going on - growers not getting what they pay for, but I guess anything is possible. I'll let the forum know if anything seems amiss, but I don't expect there will be.

Al

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 27, 14 at 12:37

Ordered Tues, arrived today (Fri). No issues with the volume of the product or the seal. The seal was sealed like a seal should be sealed. ;-)

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here