Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kandhi_gw

Dyna gro Foliage pro gallon size

kandhi
11 years ago

I ordered dyna gro foliage pro gallon size from greenhouse megastorefor $41. I am not sure whether i got the best deal or not but I have a question on the product I received. When I opened the container cap I did not find the plastic seal inside. The container just had a cap. I remember foliage pro always had a plastic seal inside the cap. I called them and they said they get the containers directly from dynagro and ship to their customers and do not open the containers for any reason. I believe them but my prior orders locally for this product came with a seal. Has anyone had ordered from greenhousemegastore and had noticed this as an issue?

Comments (17)

• edweather USDA 9a, HZ 9, Sunset 28
    11 years ago

I'm sure it's fine. They are a major store and the last thing they want is trouble. They have no need to tamper with the product. Try not to worry about it. Just my .02.

• mats
    11 years ago

My gallon of Foliage Pro from Greenhouse Megastore arrived on Friday and it had a white plastic seal under the cap.

• merlin
    11 years ago

Same here.

• queensinfo
    11 years ago

my quart size container didn't have the seal either and i thought it was weird.

• kandhi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

edweather, it is the trust among people or businesses that keeps everything going in life. I believe them that they did not tamper with the product and my plant care would reflect that as I use only that fertilizer on my vegetable gardening. I hope more folks respond to this post to get an idea if someone else had similar experience

• four (9B near 9A)
    9 years ago

I found this thread because I was searching for a good place to ask
    this same question.
    I see that others too have smelled a rat

We have no way to know whether our unsealed juice is diluted.
    It is certain that the level in my container was LOW.

• Ernie
    9 years ago

So you also purchased yours from Greenhouse Megastore? I purchased a bottle from an eBay seller a couple of years ago without a seal, so the problem doesn't appear to be unique to them.

• four (9B near 9A)
    9 years ago

> Posted by shazaam
    > yours from Greenhouse Megastore?

No.

> Posted by mats
    > plastic seal under the cap.

Which stated nothing about its integrity (state of "sealedness").

• JerryVentura Jordan
    9 years ago

I just open a gal jug the other day and the seal came off as i opened it and it stayed in the cap.

Jerry

• four (9B near 9A)
    9 years ago

I wish that others also would do as I did,
    which was to inquire of Dyna-Grow about this matter.
    ( I await reply.)
    info@dyna-gro.com

• Jay Part Shade (Zone 10B, S21, Los Angeles)
    9 years ago

Double check the seal isn't under the cap -- the seal they use commonly gets stuck to the underside of the cap.

• four (9B near 9A)
    9 years ago

> Posted by Jay-Part-Shade
    > stuck to the underside of the cap.

Irrelevant to the issue.
    ( Or merely restates the issue itself.)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

I buy my Foliage Pro from my local hydroponics store. They carry Dyna Gro products.. But they have to order the gallon size for me.

Mine did have a seal on the gallon size.

Just wanted to share..

Take care,

Laura

• four (9B near 9A)
    9 years ago

Your sharing is appreciated, Laura,
    and I wish that I knew its intended meaning.

Jeez, everybody, this is like pulling teeth.
    What we seek to know is whether the mouth is /was SEALED.
    Ya know, like takes strong work, or something sharp, to access the contents?
    A disk is not a seal unless it in fact is /was achieving a sealed condition.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Hi Four,

I just think the original poster, ( hi Kandhi) and others were questioning this product coming from this certain company were tampered with and possibly of it being diluted. Also to hear of others experiences....

It's just nice to hear that others have the same issues and it if they had the same sealed container . It's not a matter of whether it is just an easy seal to open , but if the product is truly what it is supposed to be .

I think this was the intended discussion and to see if others have had these same experiences .

Some people think / feel like it isn't the true product . So most of us are replying to the questions to let them know our experiences.

That was my " intended meaning " to add to the discussion what mine was like some of the others and that some are " sealed or not sealed" Hope this helps the original poster!!

Have a good day!

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 22:39

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    9 years ago

This thread reminded me that I needed my supply replenished, so I ordered a gallon from GH Megastore. I'm really skeptical about there being anything hokey going on - growers not getting what they pay for, but I guess anything is possible. I'll let the forum know if anything seems amiss, but I don't expect there will be.

Al

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    9 years ago

Ordered Tues, arrived today (Fri). No issues with the volume of the product or the seal. The seal was sealed like a seal should be sealed. ;-)

Al