Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
omincorporated

Gardening Newbie: Container Tomatoes and Peppers

omincorporated
10 years ago

Hi all! Very excited about my container gardening experiment, I am very grateful of this forum for giving me so much advice and making me feel (semi) confident that I can maybe, possibly, be able to grow some veggies myself.

I started some tomato and pepper seeds a few weeks ago which are growing away at home, but I wanted to also try some nursery plants. In the attached photo, from L to R is Cherokee Purple tomato, Anaheim pepper, Yellow Pear tomato and Mini Red Bell Pepper.

I planted them in 7 gallon containers w/ Gardner and Bloome's "Blue Ribbon" potting soil, mixed in with some Dr Earth "Homegrown" fertilizer. I know it's not ideal, but I have to use those plastic trays underneath the containers to collect the water, as this is a balcony at work and while my boss is happy and excited to host my gardening experiment, they might not be so happy if the balcony gets stained from the runoff water.

I will post another picture of what they look like today, a week after planting.

Anyways, this post is kind of pointless except to say thanks to everyone here for all the great tips and info!

Lynn

Comments (4)