Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you have to bring plants in tonight? COLD!

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 19:26

Here area few of mine inside and I am pooped!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you have to bring plants in tonight? COLD!

I think I will brave the cold once again! Here in zone 7 we have a mixed bag. Luckily I am close to a large body of water and we are only going to hit the mid to low 40's range. My seedlings have been hardened off the hard way and could have probably been babied a bit longer...oh well, when a tomato seedling needs to grow up to be a full grown steak tomato holding its own on the mean streets of my urban garden...it pays to toughen em' up early!

Kidding...I should have moved things more slowly, but it is what it is now.

o

It got down to 29 F. this morning here. I covered my carnivorous plants last night. Uncovered this morning once temps got above freezing.

o

25 this am! Using tarps outside, and the ground is still freezing solid underneath them, and I'm bringing in the containers.

o

Here in Wisconsin, you can't even dream about putting plants outside this early.

o

23 this am....yada yada......the beat goes on.

o

It was in the 90's this March went sent my plants into a frenzy to gorw.

Then 90's again 2 weeks ago for almost a week that set the stage up for the plants I didn't loose to the last frost to die on this one.

I have 35 perennials covered, almost 30 pots brought back inside and the pond covered. 29 tonight and then 60's and 70's all next week. I hope it stays this time and does't allow for yet another hard freeze days from now

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here