Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginger9899

Using a Systemic Insecticide in Gritty Mix

ginger9899
11 years ago

Hello, I am new posting to the forum but lurk here constantly and am eternally grateful for all of the advice. I am growing mostly Plumeria and Adeniums but have several other potted plants and am posting this here because my question could apply to any of them.

If this has been mentioned I apologize but I have read hundreds of posts and haven't seen it addressed, or missed it. I am wondering if I can use a systemic insecticide successfully with Al's gritty mix. I have recently taken the plunge and potted a couple things in the mix and and am happy except I notice the water does run straight through, and the systemic I use says not to let it run through for 10 days at first. Can I use this and literally only mist or use 1/4 a cup of water or something for the 10 days? Does a systemic insecticide work the same in a gritty mix as it does in soil? I only use it on things like my Adeniums that seem to drop all leaves the second I use any kind of soap or oil on them, and they get mealy bugs a lot. I get tired of attacking them with rubbing alcohol constantly (although I am grateful to have the rubbing alcohol work and not cause them to drop leaves).

Thanks for any insight into this, I appreciate any advice and am glad to finally be posting instead of lurking.

-Heather

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz